Friday, March 24, 2006

What do I do?

I get asked on a frequent basis what I do...my answer always depends on who I am talking to. It is similar to a response I got a couple of nights ago sitting at the Hilton Palmer House Hotel bar in Chicago. As I was sitting there an older chap sat down on my left. Since I was also a loser who was sitting on my own I took it upon myself to say hello and make some conversation. Once he had shared that his name was Dennis I got round to asking "what do you do?". He just smiled and ignored me. It was great in one way. I just wish that I had balls that big to do the same with someone who asked me the same question. After a very long silence I turned around to him (while thinking, if he doesn't mind being rude neither will I) and said, "so are you going to answer my question or just ignore me?". His response was, "you asked the wrong question". Hmmm. So I turned around again, taking this all on as a personal challenge by this point, gave it a second thought, and turned to ask, "so tell me, what is the right question?". He just smiled again, reached over and touch my thigh and said something like "keep trying". Other than the feel on my leg I was quite enjoying this and ordered another beer.

"So Dennis, you are in the CIA and you are here stalking out some people then?"... a long silence.
"It must be hard being a secret agent"...smile
"So do you have kids?"...yea...long pause...end of short divulgence of content

It sort of went on like that and I bantered with him that it was unfair that he could specify that I asked the wrong question but would not have the decency to share what was the right one. So at the end of the day, I met Dennis, who bought my beer and has kids.

My name is Mark, I buy beer, and I have kids. Nice to meet you. Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg -- you're actually blogging again?

marko

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thrilled to see that you'd posted in my bloglines. yay!

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://pidjxada.com/omal/vgam.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wovixvvd.com/fckj/saup.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://pidjxada.com/omal/vgam.html | http://mfqzlwyl.com/ahxr/kiks.html

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

reebok shoes, hollister, soccer shoes, ralph lauren, gucci, babyliss, lululemon, herve leger, louboutin, birkin bag, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, nike huarache, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, vans shoes, hollister, baseball bats, new balance, ghd, iphone cases, nike air max, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, north face outlet, vans, ray ban, timberland boots, p90x workout, abercrombie and fitch, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, wedding dresses, nike roshe, hollister, asics running shoes, longchamp, celine handbags, instyler, oakley, nfl jerseys, mcm handbags, converse outlet, beats by dre, mont blanc, valentino shoes, nike trainers, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, nike air max

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ugg,uggs,uggs canada, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, marc jacobs, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose, supra shoes, canada goose uk, moncler, links of london, moncler, karen millen, moncler, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, doudoune canada goose, replica watches, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, swarovski crystal, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, coach outlet, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, thomas sabo, swarovski, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, ugg boots uk, canada goose, hollister, canada goose outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, moncler, ugg pas cher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home