Sunday, January 09, 2005

A Strange and Funny Dream


I almost died last night. My dream was stranger than going to work with no clothes on. I was sleeping in bed and woke up but didn't wake up, if you know what I mean. I was afraid but did not know why. There were no demons waiting to haunt me or zombies hoping to eat me. I knew something was going to happen but didn't know what it was. Someone told me that the anticipation of death is worse than death itself. Last night I knew that feeling.
I began to shrink; in fact everything began to shrink like a magic tea-cake in Alice's wonderland. My bedroom walls stretched further away and before I knew it I was lying in my tiny bed in the middle of a giant distorted room. I was small, insignificant and vulnerable. My heart raced and I began to shake. I wiped away the globes of salt water wedging out of my forehead as my cotton Pyjamas got soaked by the rest of my trembling body. I left my body for a moment and floated to the ceiling for a bird's eye view. I looked like an ant on a slice of white bread all curled up and afraid of being swallowed into a dark hole. I tried to wake myself up but the trance was deeper than a child's temper tantrum. I was stuck in a moment. As I looked at myself a thousand thoughts ran through my head. I felt the frustration of Ebenezer Scrooge during the revelations of the Ghost of Christmas past. I wanted to tell myself so much before it was too late. I shook my head in regret of all the things I had missed, of all the opportunities I had ignored. I saw the people I did not notice on the journey and the way I treated others like they existed for my success. I saw my girlfriend cry over my blatant disregard for her feelings and desires; of having no one to listen or care. I saw my dad and how he longed for my attention and love. I saw my mum how I broke her heart by living beyond healthy boundaries. I saw my sisters and how I was leading them astray. "Wake up!"
The walls began to move in and the ceiling dropped like the inner faces of a metal crusher. I had nowhere to go, nowhere to hide. I shouted for help but no one heard my voice. I pounded on the door but no one noticed me. I cried but there was no one there to console me. I pushed against the wall but was rendered powerless. I froze on my bed as the room got smaller and tighter. I lay back and waited for the inevitable to happen. The room closed to the size of a me-shaped coffin and the ceiling touched my nose. I gave up the struggle and surrendered the fight. I had been overpowered by something greater, something beyond my control. I accepted my death and waited for the white room of heaven.
My eyes opened to my mother's face. She was wiping my brow with a cold and wet facecloth. I had been out for several hours and the doctor was concerned. He gave me medicine to deal with the virus and to lower my off-the-chart temperature. I lay on my double bed and looked around the room. It didn't look the same. I think I died last night.

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses, louboutin outlet, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free, louis vuitton, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, replica watches, louboutin, christian louboutin outlet, air max, gucci outlet, air jordan pas cher, nike roshe run, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, jordan shoes, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada handbags, michael kors, uggs on sale, chanel handbags, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, nike free, louboutin pas cher, sac longchamp, ugg boots, tiffany and co, burberry

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

reebok shoes, hollister, soccer shoes, ralph lauren, gucci, babyliss, lululemon, herve leger, louboutin, birkin bag, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, nike huarache, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, vans shoes, hollister, baseball bats, new balance, ghd, iphone cases, nike air max, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, north face outlet, vans, ray ban, timberland boots, p90x workout, abercrombie and fitch, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, wedding dresses, nike roshe, hollister, asics running shoes, longchamp, celine handbags, instyler, oakley, nfl jerseys, mcm handbags, converse outlet, beats by dre, mont blanc, valentino shoes, nike trainers, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, nike air max

 

Post a Comment

<< Home