Monday, July 03, 2006

The Boy is Back in Town

After 6 weeks of travel it is nice to be home again in Toronto. The last couple of months has been a wild ride. I was with my friends in Youth Specialties at the beginning of May in San Diego. The company was recently acquired by the long-term publishing partner Zondervan. It was great to be with everyone there and to see how everyone is adapting to the change and ramping up for some great things in the future.

I left San Diego and for Lake Tahoe where 10 of us met in a cottage chatting for a few days. This is a group we call Young Notorious Sinners (YNS). I know we are all getting older but the name has stuck. This is either year 4 or 5 where the same group of people have met to support one another and hold each other accountable to healthy lives. I would be lost without this group. They help remind me who I am and what I am on this planet for. They show me grace and help me to live in a manner which I desire.

From there I nipped home for a few days to pack before heading off to Spain. Claire and I went with the kids and also with my parents. My parents have a place on the south coast of Spain in a town call El Morche. I have been going there since I was 15 years old and know many of the people. It was a great time relaxing, reading and playing in the waves with the kids. Claire and I got a lot of good time together as my parents looked after Shaughan and Eirann quite a bit. See my previous post on the booklist if you are interested in what I was reading.

From Spain we went to Ireland. We stayed with my parents in Ballynahinch and took some time to see both my grandmothers. I then went to Dublin for a few days to the Ireland Funds conference. I stayed at the Merrion Hotel which was just fantastic. There were about 60 of us in total from all around the world in to learn what is going on in each other's chapters and to share some direction and new projects that are being supported. It was inspirational as well as a lot of fun.

The remainder of my time was mixed between visiting friends, doing a little work and spending a day training a group of young leaders for my good friend Adrian Eagleson from CFC.

The strange thing about being back in Toronto is that I am back alone. Claire and the kids are staying in Ireland for another month while I hang out with myself and get some work done. One of my goals is to write a book that I have been working on for quite a while. I will keep you updated....

5 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Billy Kennedy said...

How do you think you will find being in your own home alone? I know you've been away alot on your own but there is something wierd about being in your own house and on your own??

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

reebok shoes, hollister, soccer shoes, ralph lauren, gucci, babyliss, lululemon, herve leger, louboutin, birkin bag, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, nike huarache, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, vans shoes, hollister, baseball bats, new balance, ghd, iphone cases, nike air max, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, north face outlet, vans, ray ban, timberland boots, p90x workout, abercrombie and fitch, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, wedding dresses, nike roshe, hollister, asics running shoes, longchamp, celine handbags, instyler, oakley, nfl jerseys, mcm handbags, converse outlet, beats by dre, mont blanc, valentino shoes, nike trainers, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, nike air max

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ugg,uggs,uggs canada, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, marc jacobs, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose, supra shoes, canada goose uk, moncler, links of london, moncler, karen millen, moncler, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, doudoune canada goose, replica watches, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, swarovski crystal, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, coach outlet, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, thomas sabo, swarovski, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, ugg boots uk, canada goose, hollister, canada goose outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, moncler, ugg pas cher

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

cheap uggs
louis vuitton handbags
canada goose parka
ray ban wayfarer
fitflops
coach outlet
coach outlet online
ugg outlet
ray bans
michael kors bags
2016.12.21chenlixiang

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger menna said...

شركة تعقيم وتطهير الشارقة
شركات تعقيم ضد كورونا في الشارقة

 

Post a Comment

<< Home